HanoverView Animal Hospital has a dedicated surgical suite where our doctors perform soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries. All patients are carefully screened for surgical risk, and anesthetic drugs are specifically tailored to your pet. During your pet’s procedure a certified veterinary technician monitors your pet every step of the way. After your pet is in recovery you will receive a phone call from your veterinarian personally to relate how the procedure went and to allow you to ask any questions you may have.
Our doctors perform routine procedures such as:
- Mass removals
- Hernia repair
- Declaw – We recommend you discuss this option with one of our doctors so you can make an educated decision to determine if this procedure is right for you and your cat.
Our doctors can also perform advanced procedures such as
- Gastrotomy/enterotomy – removal of foreign material from stomach or intestine
- Perineal Urethrostomy – surgical procedure to alleviate urinary blockage
- Gastropexy – prevents gastric torsion (twisting of the stomach)
- Cesarean Section
- Cystotomy – removal of bladder stones
- Trauma Surgery
If the procedure your pet needs is more involved or complicated, a board-certified surgeon comes to our hospital to perform the surgery! One of the most common procedures done is the repair of cranial cruciate ruptures (ACL).